Frontend Engineer II
Amazon Web Services, New York, NY
- Started as Frontend Engineer II on the Customer Profiles team which was creating a brand new product.
- Worked on the launch of Customer Profiles product and implemented the UI using Typescript/React within 3 months, right on time for Re-Invent 2020.
- Worked on transferring the entire client side codebase to a better stack, complete with its own pipelines, integrations tests and canary tests.
- Created pipelines and underlying AWS constructs (S3 Buckets, ECS Fargate instances, DynamoDB Tables), making extensive use of AWS CDK.
- Created a shared component with its own npm package and pipeline that would be used by multiple AWS consoles
- Extended Customer Profiles product with new features, added the ability to connect to streaming APIs using EventBridge
- Mentored new hires, and even experienced teammates on FE best practices, and CDK.
- Wrote extensive unit tests with Jest and React Testing Library, integration tests with Cypress, and canary tests with Puppeteer.
- Interviewed over 20 possible candidates, and hired 2 very good front end engineers
Enigma Technologies, New York, NY
- Started and operated as the only Frontend Engineer of the company throughout my tenure.
- Converted fully client-side application/website (enigma.com) to a server side rendered application.
- Closely worked with design and product teams to create a number of React components.
- Created a visual demonstration of the Enigma Small Business API.
- Set up Cypress test suite and wrote tests that covered the entire FE application.
- Came up with the SEO strategy that would get over 15 million pages crawled and cached by search engines.
- Interviewed possible Frontend engineering candidates.
Senior Software Engineer
Compass, New York, NY
- Converted AngularJS components to React components and hooked them up to an AngularJS codebase piece by piece.
- Created new features (UI Components) using AngularJS and ReactJS.
- Coded functional tests using Cypress which significantly reduced the bugs that make it to production.
- Imlemented unit tests for certain API endpoints using Golang, increased coverage from 0 to 70%.
- After successfully predicting user behavior, I started to get involved with the design stage of the UI components, collaborating with our designers, helping them with creating an easy UX flow that the average user can interact with without thinking too hard.
- Mentored new hires.
Senior Software Engineer
Shopspring, New York, NY
- Within my first week of employment, I setup my local environment and updated engineering onboarding wiki which was out of date. By the first weekend, I had already started pushing code to production, fixing bugs related to frontend.
- Identified the major hiccups in development workflow, proposed solutions for linting, testing, and continuous integration.
- Implemented a personalization solution for customers to save their measurements and refined our search queries to return only the sizes the customer is looking for as a default.
- Made proposals for renewing our frontend stack. Switching from a React - Flux/Redux setup to a React - GraphQL solution.
Lifion by ADP, New York, NY
- Worked on breaking down and migrating a large monolith codebase into micro services.
- Designed and implemented an attribute based access control system that complies with XACML specification.
- Took initiative to solve the problem of integration testing between microservices. Created a visual interface for defining chained async operations and a test runner to parse and execute tests in given order.
- Designed and coded an intuitive user interface for defining traversals over a graph database using React-Redux and plain SVG.
- Created the frontend component for authentication service which involved bootstrapping the boilerplate for a React-Redux application and coding React components for login, sign up, forgot username/password etc features.
InRhthym, New York, NY
Amplify Education (Client)
- Worked on reporting-statistics tool measuring and comparing student academic success and college readiness that’s currently being used by all school districts across 13 PARC Consortium states.
- Implemented interactive React components that was responsible for visualizing student data in graphs and charts as well as a grid structure.
Motor Information Systems (Client)
- Identified and fixed frontend related bugs for a .NET – Marionette web application at the last stages of the project. Closed over 500 tickets over 2 months.
- Updated Marionette, made necessary changes to conform to the new version. Refactored or cleaned up a lot of legacy code.
- Created a MEAN stack boilerplate that can be used later on other projects.
- Implemented a web application that was used within the company to track tasks, and task management in order to identify wasted resources.
- Mentored new hires in best practices.
Full Stack Web Developer
Buncee, Calverton, NY
- Started work as the engineer no 2. Although hired as a frontend engineer, I eventually started operating at a full stack capacity.
- Cleaned up legacy code and refactored it to follow a proper MVC pattern.
- Implmented a fast and responsive ui for an interactive rich presentation design tool.
- Set up a load balancer for Apache server.
- Wrote stored procedures, designed tables and relations in SQL, normalized the database. Got rid of security risks of SQL injection.
- Conducted technical interviews and mentored new hires.
Stony Brook University
Computer Science (B.S.)
Nassau Community College
- Testing Library
- Mac OSX
- AWS CDK